20 September, 2015

In the works

I'm going through an active phase in my creative endeavours at the moment.  Totally inspired by my new studio (and the Haze that's plagued us here for the last few weeks and means dog walking is out of rotation), I come home from work and go straight upstairs to "work" on my art.  I finished this piece within days of the studio move and have sold it already.  It's waiting to go to it's new home.  I'm totally in love with the colours.  


The dogs were very interested in my attempts to photograph it before it goes.



 This piece hasn't made it into Matt's work (for which it was intended) yet and I'm loving it where it hangs right now; it catches the light really well.



 Meanwhile I have finished painting the background for this piece today, but I'm still working on assembling the collaged part.  I used my Indian woodblock stamps to stamp some papers.  One of the stamps is a peacock and it inspired these tiny slivers of paper cut up and assembled into a peacock feather.  Lots of gluey fingers, but I'm enjoying the process.
Here's the background; purple is a notoriously difficult colour.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, particularly the "sold" bit and the interest of the dogs.
    love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, particularly the "sold" bit and the interest of the dogs.
    love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis