13 April, 2011

Stitch by stitch

Inspired by my new white bathroom floor, I've been working on my rag rug. I can't wait to see this finished on my floor and to be able to step out of my lovely tub onto the soft squishiness of this.
I love it, but seriously this is one of the most time consuming projects I've ever done...so much work ripping strips, sewing them together, IRONING them into binding strips, plaiting them and then hand stitching them together on the floor (as if my back wanted to spend all week bent over the floor after all that floor painting on the weekend!). BUT it will be perfect in that room, and I'm so happy to have been able to put all those scraps of fabric from the house into something useful.
And yesterday morning I was out taking some photos of the fog and mist...
When this little thing stumbled out of bed onto the veranda looking for me... I thought she looked so funny! That poncho has become her bed jacket.

4 comments:

  1. That rug is so beautiful & it will be perfect in that lovely new light bathroom - I always wondered how they were made and have to admit i had no idea of the work involved. Poor Ella, she's probably not going to want that photo of herself when she's older, but it looks funny.
    mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rug yes amazing but looks like just too much hard work, couldn't you have got someone in China to make one for you...love Ella's photo.
    love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that rag rug...it will be divine in your bathroom..well worth all your sore back and pricked fingers...love Ella's bed hair and morning face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one in my bathroom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis