05 September, 2010

A successful week

We all managed to get through the first week of school without too many hiccups or tears. No, actually everything went really well, although it was UNBELIEVABLY hot and humid.

Remi has joined the school cross country team and spends everyday after school running miles and comes home absolutely shattered- add to that early starts, homework and the fact that he's grown again this week and it's like living with a 14 year old zombie.

Kit's settled in really well to middleschool after his first day bus problem. He loves it - especially learning Spanish. He's already made new friends.

Oscar is loving his marine biology class, was surprised to see an Australian instructional video in his forensics class and is lucky enough to be using my lovely old pentax camera for his photography class.

Ella's happy enough with her teacher, and is happy to be back at school and getting into things. Still taking time to be happy socially- but that's always an issue with her.

I've had a productive week. I'm frantically spinning and knitting for my stint at the "history fair" as they've decided to call it this year.
I've been dying (kool aid dying) and carding and spinning and knitting and spinning some more.
I'm hoping to have a few things made to sell while I'm there. I may as well make it worth my while...
It's felt a bit ridiculous making all these warm and woolies while it was so hot and disgusting, but I know that fall is just around the corner. Today is much cooler- and we were lucky enough to totally dodge hurricane Earl yesterday. A fairly successful week all around.

3 comments:

  1. good to see art being produced again...if Oscar is enjoying marine stuff perhaps he should check out the Maritime College site at Tas Uni Launceston, when I was there last year (Launceston campus that is) the Maritime School looked absolutely amazing.
    love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. its sooo cool to see the spinning wheel and know that's its not just a piece of furniture collecting dust!!! he he... I was so excited to get that to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kit's in Middle School, that's a surprise. It must have been lovely for you to get back to being creative

    mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis