24 March, 2008

Happy Easter


This is one of the little Easter nests that I put around the garden for the kids' egg hunt. It's simply a brown paper bag rolled down with some little "robin's eggs" in it. They looked super cute.

I also scattered wrapped chocolate eggs for the kids to find. We made it nice and easy as poor Bella has a nasty fever and isn't up to much today.

Kit has been riding the sugar roller coaster all day. He has to eat everything right away! And I had to put up this photo with the grass stains on his knees. Typical Kit.
It's not warm out there...only 4 degrees C when we were out hunting eggs, but it's lovely and sunny, so I had a lovely time wandering around the garden and photographing signs that warmer weather is on it's way.

The very first tiny daffodil.

A little bird home awaiting a new tenant.

Little purple fresias (?) popping up in the grass.

Bare trees starting to bud.

Matt trying to read in the hammock...it was still a little too cold when the wind picked up.

Honey enjoying the sunshine.

And the boys out playing cricket...getting warm enough to take jackets off and leave them outside!

And I had to share this photo which was on my camera of a little kitten who likes to sleep on top of the heating outlets.


I have been trying to make hot crossed buns all day, but they just won't rise...anyone have any good recipes that I can use for next year??? Hope you have a lovely day.

3 comments:

  1. I have all these eggs here for a hunt and no kids!!!! And I fear they will have been riding the sugar rollercoaster too!!!! Lovely to see all your signs of spring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Isn't Spring wonderful? Love it. Must say I enjoy Autumn too - the heat gets tiresome (but I don't like the cold either! - unlike you George) We will have to have a delayed hunt for the girls too so they'll be really sugared out - sorry Chels but it IS Easter...
    Love to all of you.,
    x
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Sounds like you had a lovely day - sorry about my mistimed phone call - never quite know when to ring. My little tribe here ate chocolate bunnies AFTER their weetbix & then we went to the beach, as it was another glorious day. Happy Easter everyone

    Nanny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis