25 August, 2007

Gorges Ithaca

I have so many photos from the wonderful Treman Falls that Chelsea took us to that I can hardly decide which ones to post. It was an amazing place. So sit back and enjoy...
Oscar started out walking Honey so I could take photos, but eventually Matt took over as she was desperate to get up to the other kids.

The place was amazing with its bridges and walls and waterfalls. This bridge didn't look big enough to me...

While Kit and the girls raced ahead, Oscar, Chels, Hattie and I took it slowly taking lots of photos and stopping to admire everything.


When we got to the bottom the kids had a bit of a play in the creek, while Matt stretched.
My neices are all such good posers..
Remi likes to give it a go sometimes too...
The track back up was brutal. Lots and Lots of stairs. Chelsea was amazing carrying Hattie all the way up. I could barely walk...and even Honey was having a bit of trouble. This is the view looking back at the track we'd come down from 3/4 the way back up to the top.
The kids kept commenting that it was like the mines of Moria, and it was. How they ever built all those stone steps and walls in amongst all that shale is incredible.
It really is beautiful country side up there, and there are streams and waterfalls everywhere. I'll miss being able to go up and stay when Dave and Chels move back to Australia later this year. I wish we could have seen and done more, but it was not to be.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:26 AM

    Not nearly enough photos of Honey, what do you think cameras are for? Didn't your Dad, my Dad really teach you anything?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis