28 May, 2015

Mona Lisa out and about

A bit of a throw away lesson that I thought up one morning as I was bogged down in the middle of preparing for our art show...if I'm honest.  BUT... I FREAKING LOVE this, and would do it again in a heart beat.  A good pre assessment to see how kids cope with proportion...but I just love the concept of the Mona Lisa getting out and doing stuff.  

Grade 1s have been doing a unit on famous artists.  We talked about Da Vinci and the Mona Lisa.  I had the head from a coloring in page which I cut out and photocopied onto an A3 piece of paper.  I told them that they had to show me the Mona Lisa DOING something.  
Here's some:
Rock climbing

hanging 10

As a sheriff
Graduating.
a mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis