13 September, 2009

A mixed bag at the end of a busy, rainy Saturday

Today was pretty hectic; swimming (gym for me), Martial arts, rugby, soccer all overlapping- meant I was in the car nearly constantly from 10 am to 1:30 pick
ing and dropping off. In the rain-drizzle really. I had to come home and have a nap after that as Ella's cold is taking hold of me.

But the last few hours have been lovely and relaxing. I did a bit more sewing on my quilt top- only 2 more rows to go... And the boys went out in the yard for some fishing...
We're so lucky to have this on our door step. They love it this time of year-any time the tide is up they throw the line in. Last weekend they caught quite a few, not so lucky today...
This is what they catch when they do...Little Blue fish.
They're not the only ones...can you see all the people on the other side of the pond. They come to that little park there just to fish.
And Honey enjoyed a run around after 2 days of rain. As soon as we came in she went straight to the cat food tin. Every night when I feed the cats (half in the bowl, half in the tin) Honey waits patiently outside the kitchen door. As soon as they finish she's in there, licking any last flavour out of the can...So cute.
And here's the green. Or part of the room that's done. As I said, I'm still not sure. And this isn't actually the colour it looks most of the time-it changes with light and with this photo the flash went off. And Ella's painting I did her, really doesn't work against the green-I may have to frame it in a white frame to make it work. I do like the way Ella's quilt looks against the green though...
And a photo of Lucy who is all dressed up in her lamp shade skirt. Ella's lamp shade started to shatter on the inside, but the silk covering was fine. So we pulled it apart and I made it into a skirt for Lucy...adding a waist band and a flower trim. Goes nicely with the little shrug I knitted her. I think the green paint gives her an unearthly look though.
Hoping for some sun tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. i liiike it! I cant wait to live in a house where I can paint the walls instead of this off white cream colour. I remember you in the other house ... all the painting you dod. It looked great.

    Ella with Oscars legs??? funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kinda dreading the green, but actually, it looks great! And the quilt is stunning! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis