16 March, 2008

I'm getting kicked out

My eldest son Oscar has been living in the upstairs attic room since we moved into this house. It's a bit scungy and has lots of privacy and until recently he's liked being up there and my threat was always that he'd have to move down to the other room (my craft room) if he didn't behave. Well today he asked if he could move down. And I'd actually prefer him do be more in the family, I always feel like he's in his own world up there. So I'll be spending the next week cleaning up my messy craft room (surely you've caught glimpses of it behind the kitten photos recently) and move it all upstairs. I actually love having my room up with the other kids as it means I quickly sew something while they are getting for bed etc, but I guess if I'm right up at the top of the house, it won't matter how messy my craft room gets! But I may be very busy this week.

Oh and something for my dad, your new favourite grandson Kit is reading Silver Chief and loving it! And he and Remi have been getting through all the Asterix books.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:05 AM

    Incredibly good news in that blog... really important stuff, but still no mention of "Travels with Charley"... but perhaps if that was accidentally left in the old craft room perhaps the new resident may consider reading it and understanding its relevence.

    On an even more important matter, Emma fell off the wall in the middle of last night and needs a new frame...Snork's Emma not the too far up the page Emma...

    thanks Kurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a bit more thigh work going up another flight of stairs! I love that room up there too! Have fun and make a HUGE mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Googling Silver Chief makes you realise many other people who first read stuff in the 1950's also still appreciate the importance of Silver Chief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Isn't it nice that Oscar wants to come downstairs to where you all are. Having a 14 year old myself I know how they can cut themselves off from the family sometimes.

    Where will we sleep though Georgia when/if we come and visit you again?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis