02 May, 2007

fibre longing

I've been resting my left hand this week. And I'm missing my wools, missing my crochet hook and constantly thinking up new knitting/crocheting projects I could be working on. I nearly picked up my hook today to work some more on my ripple blanket, but my hand started to hurt so I reluctantly packed it away. I get so much joy working with wools...it's hard to explain unless you feel it too.

So instead I've been working on this:
I made up this canvas a month or so ago, before my crochet obsession really kicked in. It's been sitting there waiting for me to paint it. My left hand may ache, but I can still wield a brush in my right. It's very much what I call "decorator art" and thus I don't take it very seriously. It was just what I wanted for the dining room.

I've kind of given up on painting nudes as somewhere along the way I realised that I'm just not good enough...I can't create what I really want to. So I'm enjoying the whole abstact thing because I'm much more satisfied with the end result (although I still not 100% satisfied with this). But then Matt (who I've never really thought took that much interest in my art work) piped up yesterday saying he prefers my nudes... At least this is more tasteful for a dining room.

It's also been great to be able to paint outside. The weather's been lovely...still a little cool, but you can just feel spring in the air. We've gone from bare trees 2 weeks ago to blossoms and budding leaves everywhere...and tulips and daffodils everywhere you look. It's amazing. Such a transformation.

On the weekend we got some rollerblades for Remi (they were...get this...only $13.50!!!!). Proper ones that were on sale. They are adjustable too, so he'll have them for a while. He's been out blading after school each day, and Kit's back on his bike (and dying to get onto some rollerblades-NOT YET!). It's not getting dark until late and the kids just want to play outside. Bring on summer vacation I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis