23 April, 2007

Sunny days

Oscar, apparently has better things to do than blog about his trip...like going to see his friend, so I will do a post instead...

We had the most spectacular weather over the weekend. That's what I love about living in this part of the world; you really appreciate spring and summer after snow and cold and flooding basements! We had two BBQs this weekend...at a friends on Saturday night and we got our own going last night to celebrate the weather and the return of Oscar.

Here's our very first tulip blooming. The kids and I planted a hundred of these last year and we are so looking forward to them flowering.

And of course we made the most of the weather by being outside by the water. The boys got their fishing rods out for the first time in a while...not that there were any fish about.

And here's Kit using two arms!!! He got his sling off in the midsts of my flu. He's been going for it since. He went to a sports birthday party on Saturday and was throwing basket balls etc. He's very unfit as it's been over a month with no running around, but there's no stopping him now.
We even had the coits out. These were my grandfathers and are a real treasure. Not that any of us are any good at it!
And here's my sparky big boys. Oscar fresh off the plane and Matt getting his gifts. He brought Matt a German news paper, some special herbs and this bottle of Olive oil...I got nougat and French perfume...the kids got sugared rose petals. He done good.
Today is another spectacular day...so I'm off to enjoy it before the weather dips again on Wednesday.
OH and I must say a very BIG
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(that's the kids' grandma). Sorry we didn't call last night, but we got caught up in Oscar's return. Lot of Kisses and we hope you had a wonderful day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:20 AM

    Happy birthday Lyn from me - Lorraine. What classy gifts your son brought home! You've one a good job in raising him to look after you and your tastes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis