19 September, 2010

makings and doings

I spent much of this week feeling very unwell. Typical! The kids start school and within 3 weeks they bring home the bugs. Feeling much better today. And while I didn't do much all week, I did manage some makings...

Owl bookmarks all wrapped up and ready for the fair next Saturday. This was a stamp that I carved.
Some more stamping- this time onto canvas that I'd painted- and then stitched onto some photo books.
And a little "tote" with some more stamping onto canvas. Ella's really hoping I don't sell this.
I've no idea if I'll sell much or anything, but I wanted to have a variety of things. I don't want to become known around town as just being able to spin and to knit.

And here's some photos for the family. Kit and Ella had another martial arts demonstration today...






They've been learning some Bo Staff...

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff George. Good luck with the fair / market - I probably won't get to blog again before then. Working 5 days / week at present with new strict rules on internet access...
    Maggie XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black gi's! Yeeha! And I could even suggest some of the techniques... hmmm this old instructor will just shut up.
    How do you get the different colours to use with your stamps?
    love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect you will sell lots of your lovely offerings. I remember that fair from last year and hope you have better weather this time! (I can just see Ella with the bag)

    I love the photo of Ella in mid-leap! Thanks for including those as it's great to see Ella and Kit in action.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. bookmarks are great! I love your block carvings. Girls were impressed with Ella's jump! Cant wait to see pics from the market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Market bounty is great Georgia...for someone who is feeling sick you have done a mamoth job...love the "Karati Kids" demo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis