Then I began to use that heat n bond and trace out lots of animals ready to be made up some time this week. I had to roll them into little bundles to keep all the bits together.
And I began to work on a new design that I started doing some sketches for the other night.
Here he is just cut out and placed (not yet ironed or stitched which is why the nose is curling up a bit). I'm not sure about the black eyes, nor whether or not I will use the claws I cut out (not shown).I am really lacking in certain fabric colours at the moment. I had a fantastic wool in dark grey with nice white flecks (would have been perfect for the ears) but that's run all the way down to very small bits. Very hard to find wool fabrics here, which is what I prefer to work with. I wash them in hot water to felt them a bit first and they are lovely and firm and have such a nice textural quality. I used to be able to find fantastic off cuts in my local thrift store in the US...along with bits of velvet etc.