23 January, 2012

Year of the dragon

Dragon brooch available to buy in my etsy store


恭禧發財 Gong Xi Fa Cai or

 Gong Hey Fat Choy

Or Happy Chinese New Year for the Year of the Dragon.

I've been wearing my Winter survival collection lots the last few days as we've finally had some snow.  Must get out and take some photos of it; it's lovely fluffy dry snow, but it won't last for long as temps are supposed to get up again next week.

I've put a few more things in my etsy shop for sale today.  Plus changed a few things around here yesterday.  Do you like?

And something else fun to share.  I came across this article about iPad art in the Guardian the other day and was just blown away.  I saw something similar in an article about David Hockney a few weeks ago.  Who knew that I could love my iPad any more than I already do???

If you go and have a look at the specific artist websites, there are some fantastic videos of them actually drawing - one of the apps records how they do it. 

Now, I only have a free app, but it is SUCH fun to play around with.  Totally different way of drawing/painting.  It's a bit like finger painting, and there is something really kind of primal about doing it that way.  Here's some of my very-much-just-mucking-around-getting-to-know-how-it-works "finished" pieces.





Fun hey!?

1 comment:

  1. Something that the Ipad does which actually seems to be different from what can be done on a PC...don't really understand the fuss about the ipad, but that program does look like fun, not that I really need any additional art challenges.
    love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis