11 August, 2011

Some obsessive behaviour

Kit's birthday feast included some individual fondues... He is rather fond of fondue.
 Yes, he's hamming it up for the camera, but that is chocolate smeared all the way to his ear lobe.

A birthday hat I whipped up very quickly the day before.  Even though it's ridiculously hot, he still insists on wearing it.

And another home made gift- a Dalek t-shirt, made with freezer paper (loads of other places to learn about this- first one I found when looking for a link for you), totally sparked a freezer paper printing  frenzy.
For a start, I so want my own dalek t-shirt, so have another to cut out when I find the right shirt.

Then there was playing around with some designs I've been playing with lately.  The Peace + Love pillow is of course for miss Ella.  I'm not sure what the flowers will become, but I've been doodling/painting this image and variations thereof heaps lately.  It was fun to be able to make it really big and graphic.  I even pulled out the old puffer fabric markers and played with the pink one.

 And of course, we couldn't have daleks without the TARDIS...this was a design that I found on line and altered to make my own (same with the dalek).  Also not sure what this will become.
 It's all so much fun, although you can only use the stencils you cut out once (as they rip when you peel them off) and there is an awful lot of cutting involved.  I suspect this will be a short lived obsession.  I only wish I could screen print my designs.  Oh, then what fun I would have!!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks great! Watch out for Kit's birthday mon ey in your bank - he said he'd prefer it now when I asked him,

    love mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe how quickly you whip up crafts, George! You did 3 T-shirts in a very, very short time and they looked great too. (Very much like Chels who also is a quick crafter)

    Grandma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon county. Have a great weekend folks. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis