06 April, 2011

15

Remi turned 15 today. This photo represents what the last 17 years of these two has been like- a bit of a blur.
I love their craziness.
And for my gorgeous 15 (15!!!) year old, I spent all morning making him a traditional Norwegian birthday cake. Blotkake is delicious and actually relatively easy to make. It requires being soaked in some juices, so I blended up some raspberries, peaches and orange juice to soak the cake in. MMMM. Then each layer was covered in strawberries, then cream, then the whole thing is covered in cream with a layer of marzipan (optional) on top. This is before I put the top on.
And I had my boy home this afternoon as Rugby training was cancelled due to rain. Yes, he wears that hat EVERY DAY- to mould his totally 80's hair style which he calls the "LAX bro flow".

And we all sat down for dinner and then....TA TA DAAAAA....
The cake with a Buzz Lightyear candle of course.

And the cake...was MMM MMM good.

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY REMI!!!!! I hope you had a FANTASTIC birthday. Sorry was away till last night then had to leave too early to make a call this morning.

    Infinity and 'Yond!! I remember that well; Kit loved him too didn't he?

    What a marvellous cake - I want to make one. Nan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one,
    love to all

    GOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 AM

    I've spent the last 3 hours feeding Theo and I now can't think of anything except cake. I need cake. that cake. Now. drool..........

    Anyway, happy 15th birthday, Remi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want cake......... It was cool to be on Facebook when Rem was! Cant believe he has grown up sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful cake...yummo...Happy birthday cool
    Dude who is 15...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could marzipan ever be optional!!! I have bought wedding cakes just to have a hit...
    Maggie (actually)XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Remi! And what a lovely norsk cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis