21 June, 2009

My master

It's apt that today I show you this GORGEOUS piece made by my old pottery teacher- my "master".  The person who I will always be inspired by and set my standards by.
Today Kit, Ella and I braved the rain and cold to go into the city for the Lincoln center arts and craft fair.  One of my favourite fairs, although the last two years it has rained both weekends that it's been on.  I go to see Margaret Wozniak  my first ceramics teacher, a beautiful woman and an inspiring artist.  It is always a pleasure to see her and the new work she has created.  It is simply beautiful.  I bought this piece today.  I couldn't leave without it.  It is both a bowl on 3 feet and a wall hanging.  I love the way he looks at you.  (And it really does look more beautiful in the flesh-with the rainy weather, the flash is needed for all photos.)  

We had fun in the city despite the rain.  It was cold and miserable, but we caught a rain covered rickshaw from Grand Central to Lincoln Center.  The kids thought it was awesome, but I have never been so terrified in my life.  Going around and across lanes in Columbus circles I had my eyes closed and was praying ferociously!!!!  We walked back to Grand Central down Broadway and there was some other kind of street fair going on for about 10 blocks.  I bought Kit a hat for $10  and myself a $5 pashmina which spent most of the time on Ella's head or around her shoulders.  
We didn't get home until 5 and as usual after a day in the city I feel exhausted.  But OH how I LOVE it.  

3 comments:

  1. ohhh gorgeous. Love the orange. How big is it? At first I thought it was a brooch. Let me see it in a surrounding....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweetest face on that cat! Sounds like you had an adventurous day. Wish we lived closer to the city so that we could go to fairs and festivals. Oh well, one day! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful George, I've always loved her work and want to buy myslef a piece. The trip to Manhattan sounds terrific and i can't wait!@

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I LOVE to have comments-even if I don't know you, please stop by and say HI! If you have a question for me, I'll answer in the comments, so please check back.

ShareThis